1 package of yellow cake mix
1 can (16 oz) Solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 ½ cup sugar (may use brown sugar if desired)
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup melted butter or margarine
whipped topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2. Grease bottom of 9 X 13 inch pan.
3. Combine: Pumpkin, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.
4. Pour into pan.
5. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
6. Top with nuts then drizzle melted butter evenly over the top.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping.
Edited to add these notes:
This makes a good bit, about 18-24 servings.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and 1/4 tsp. ground cloves. (Yes, I know it doesn't add up to 4 tsp., but it worked for me!)
Although the recipe says to cool completely, I think it tasted great while still warm 'cuz the top was kinda crispy.
Home Messageboard E-Cards Chat Links Virtual Safer Copyright © 1998 Brent Sims. All Rights Reserved.